Saturday, January 16, 2010

First Things First

Hi my name is Diane and I am currently living in Texas. I am married with two children, 2 step children and 3 beautiful grandsons..I am doing this blog honestly because my daughter thought it would be a good idea..So here I am.

This past year has been a bit of a challenge for me... First things first...I was laid off from my job of 12 years as an event planner this past April...which I very much enjoyed and was broken hearted about.. So for the past 8 mos. I have been at home. Some days thinking, Ok.. I love staying home after 25 years of working.. then the time started flying by and I realized noo I think I need to go back to work.. hahah.... My Dog Lilly a little westie, on the other hand seemed to think it was her lucky day and for the past eight months she has been pretty much under my feet.. always..

When I was first unemployed I spent a bit of time thinking of things I would like to do..what I always wanted to do when I was working. like read, learn another language, join a gym, have my own event business, and so on an so on... well... here is what I did do.. I have read a number of books.. I have started to meditate, sometimes, I like to cook, and have tried some new recipes.. also have eaten all of them gaining a lot of weight.hahah, I did start my own business, AVON, and I did start an online Italian Language course.. not so bad..(although I haven't gotten too far on learning Italian..)I did some crafts.. greeting cards, and reconnected with my life long best friend Barbara.. So these are the things I like..cooking, reading, relaxing, anything Italian, dogs..my family,brother, sister in law, niece and all my nephews.. and my best friend Barbara..So I will write and tell you about them on my blog and hope you will enjoy it..I will keep you posted.. But I won't be doing all of the things I like to do much during the day anymore, since I might be going back to work soon.. but First things first...

No comments:

Post a Comment